Financial Dissertation: Money Matters Explored
The first step to writing a successful dissertation is to find the right topic for it, and financial dissertations are no exclusion. Without a good financial dissertation topic there cannot be a good dissertation at all. Below you can find some advice on how to make the search for the right topic of your financial dissertation more efficient.
Financial Dissertation: Obstructions to Finding a Good Topic
The list of reasons for your difficulties in finding a good topic for your financial dissertation is endless. Here are but a few:
- you are not interested in or passionate about the subject and field of study at all;
- your supervisor does not take personal interest in the ideas suggested by you;
- the ones you choose are not original and have been already covered;
- you do not have enough time or sources to cover the ones you choose;
- you do not have good contact with your supervisor.
Financial Dissertation: Ways to Conquer the ChallengesThe aforementioned difficulties sufficiently hinder the search for a topic of your financial dissertation, so make sure you solve them as soon as possible. Below are solutions corresponding to the problems listed in the previous section:
- take a personal interest in the subject/field of study or change it completely;
- ask your supervisor for the specific ideas of interest and work out how you could fit them with your professional interest;
- look for fresh ideas;
- choose realistic tasks, narrow too broad ones;
- change the supervisor.
In general, finding a good topic for financial dissertation is all about being new, original, and interesting to both yourself and the academic community. Therefore you may try to find inspiration in already existing financial dissertations topics and, basing on them, work out new issues to solve in your research.