MBA Dissertation and the Need to Create Time
Writing MBA dissertations takes long weeks and months. This is made even worse if the student is also working thereby limiting the time that she/he can adequately spend on the MBA dissertation writing. However, there are a number of steps that MBA students can take to ensure that they have enough time for writing their MBA dissertations.
MBA dissertation writing: there is adequate time for it
- Decide the amount of time you can dedicate each day on the dissertation, and the days you will work on it. Then create a time period such as an hour or three hours each day during which you will write the MBA dissertation.
- Decide on the time of day that you are most productive. Then work on the dissertation at that time. This can be in the wee hours of the morning, in the evening, or late at night. For students who are working, this may be tricky. Nevertheless, choose among your free times the time that is most suitable for you.
- Set practical deadlines for each phase of the MBA dissertation writing. The deadlines for the MBA dissertation should include: a deadline for the reading process, the development of the plan, approval by the committee, the actual writing of each chapter, proofreading and submission of the complete dissertation.
- Make adjustments to the deadlines. Unfortunately not every student is able to strictly follow his/her schedule. Make realistic adjustments to the deadlines as you continue working on the MBA dissertation.
- Start writing! This may sound like an obvious thing to do but starting to write is the most difficult stage of the MBA dissertation writing process. Procrastination is indeed common among students. Start on the less complicated subtopics or tasks. With time, you will find the courage to tackle the seemingly complex tasks.
- Motivate yourself. Think of the rewards you will reap when you finally complete your MBA dissertation (better job opportunities, a higher salary, an opportunity to further advance your studies). This often serves as the motivation needed to continue working on the dissertation.